MEMBERSHIP POLICY: CRITERIA AND PROCEDURES
Criteria of membership:
The Organisation shall be comprised of individual and corporate Members;
* Membership is open to all resourceful individuals of 18 years and above of Nigerian descent (Nigerian by birth, naturalization or marriage) legally resident in Russia. At the moment of registration and admission into the Organisation, the applicant must be domicile in Russia for not less 3 years.
After a minimum of 3 years of membership of the Organisation, if a member relocates to Nigeria or elsewhere, he/she may be entitled to retain the membership, provided he/she shall continue to pay his/her dues to Russia Chapter as when due and shall continue to support and promote the aspiration of the Organisation. However, such a member shall not be eligible to hold any elected office in the Organisation.
* Corporate membership is open to any organisation dully registered with the appropriate authorities within Russia, or elsewhere in Europe and has a track record of working for the development of Nigeria/Nigerians;
* Corporate Member shall be entitled to be represented by one delegate at the General Meeting and can vote but not be voted for;
* Failure to be of Good Standing may result in loss or temporary suspension of any or all membership rights and privileges and in extreme case may be grounds for expulsion of membership.
* The Organisation shall not discriminate on the basis of religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Procedures of Membership Admission:
* Admission into membership of the Organisation is concurrent with membership of NIDO Europe upon application by eligible person, payment of Application Fees and Membership Annual Dues.
* Applications for membership must be made in writing or electronically online, or via Email to the General Secretary and submitted with the appropriate non-refundable Application Fees.
* Application for membership sent directly to the NIDO Europe by any applicant from Russia, when received by the Headquarters shall be forwarded immediately to the Organisation for processing.
* If an application for membership is rejected, such applicant can seek redress from the Advisory Committee at the Chapter level and should such redress be declined, the applicant can proceed to the Headquarters level for their consideration and recommendations to the Organisation; the final decision on admission to membership shall be taken at the Russian Chapter level, taking the recommendation of the Headquarters into consideration.
* Names of all successful Membership Applicants shall be collated into the centralized database of Members of the NIDO Europe. The Organisation shall within a month (30 days) of admitting new members, unless otherwise prior approved by the Central Board of Trustees of NIDO Europe, forward such names and the appropriate Application Fees to the Headquarters.
* Membership shall not be recognized by the Organisation until such a member pays all the applicant’s Application Fees and Membership Dues.
Rights and Privileges of Members:
Members who remain in Good Standing are entitled to the following rights and privileges:
* The right to vote and speak at any General Meeting of the Organisation provided the orderliness and agenda of the day are adhered to;
* The right to any appropriate support and solidarity from the Organisation;
* The right to vote during elections provided that such a member has been a member of the Organisation for not less than 1 year and on good standing. A member of good standing for not less than 2 years has the right to stand for elections, subject to satisfying the relevant election requirements;
* Membership of all organisations, clubs and societies affiliated to the Organisation, where such provisions for membership exist between them, subject to the member agreeing to abide by the rules of such organisations, clubs and societies;
* The right, subject to such restrictions as numbers may force, to participate in all social activities of the Organisation;
* Use of the Organisation’s premises and facilities subject to the Rules of the Organisation governing the use of those facilities;
* Such other privileges as are by this Constitution or any other by-laws conferred on members of the Organisation;
* The rights and privileges of a Member shall be personal to him/her and shall not be transferable and shall cease on his/her death/bankruptcy or if he/she ceases to be a member by resignation, suspension or expulsion.
Cessation and Suspension of Membership:
Membership of the Organisation shall cease or caused to cease in accordance with the Disciplinary Rules and Procedures stipulated in this constitution, if:
* A Member sends written notice of cessation of membership to the Chairman or General Secretary of the Organisation; or
* A Member fails to pay his/her Annual Membership Dues or any other sum payable under this Constitution within the reasonable stipulated time; or
* The conduct of the Member has been adjudged to bring disrepute to the Organisation or Nigeria by the General House in a meeting convened at which the Member concerned has been given reasonable notice and a reasonable opportunity of being heard or of submitting written representations.
* The Member is suspended as an act of sanction by a legally constituted Disciplinary Committee of the Organisation or the Headquarters. Whereupon such Member is suspended, he/she shall forfeit all the rights of a Member pending the elapse of the period of the sanction;
* No Member of the Organisation can be deprived of his/her membership beside as prescribed by this Constitution or any other bye-law adopted by the General Assembly.